Friday, February 3, 2012

45 and Hopeful

Well, here it is...I'm 45 years old today. I'm for sure a lot wiser than I was... say....this time last year! I feel different in a strange way. A good way. I definitely feel like I have been rewarded for working hard on my artwork and pushing myself into the public arena. I can't tell the future, nobody can...but I am hopeful that things will continue to go well for me art-wise. I will keep working hard and doing those things that are not only productive but smart. I'm learning that the hard work goes hand in hand with smart choices. Taking opportunities when they come is a smart choice because there are opportunities to be had. You can't sit around and wait for stuff to happen or complain that nothing is happening, you have to go out and get it or make stuff happen punk rock style...DIY is no joke...it's a gateway to a brilliant future in my opinion!

Last evening I attended a great print show at the studios of Blunt Graffix. The show is based around dead rockstars. A lot of artists from around the globe contributed as well as some local printmakers. The energy was great as was the work. There were several local artists in attendance and it felt good to talk shop for a bit. I love to talk art and see what people are up too! Last night's show just reassured me that there is an art scene here....almost like a new scene with new artists and a new energy!

Overall, I'm amazed at how many creative people I have in my life...that includes my wonderful daughter! I'm surrounded by artists and musicians...not too shabby! So, as I start my day...of my 45th year....I'm feeling grateful for where I'm at in life and the people around me!

Oh yes, I get to see Wilco tonight...cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment